Horseradish adds kick to the seafood sauce in this shrimp spread from Leigh Hein, Vernon, Connecticut. "It's a must a Christmas, New Year's Eve and other special occasions," she notes.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- Minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce and onion powder. Spread onto a 13-in. platter.
- Combine seafood sauce and horseradish; spread over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with shrimp and parsley. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Zippy Shrimp Spread in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p44
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Zippy Shrimp Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review