Zippy Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 6 servings.
1 skewer equals 57 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Zippy Shrimp Skewers
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.