Zippy Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 57 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Zippy Shrimp Skewers
"Too spicy, other than that, bland. Will not make this again."
"This is the recipe I seem to go to, over and over again. I use this base marinade for many very different dishes. Use rice, or LoMein noodles and add your own vegetables"
"This was easy and tasted good, but not much "kick". The sweet overpowered the spicy."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.