Zippy Shrimp Skewers
These flavorful skewers from Jalayne Luckett, Marion, Illinois, deliver a mouthwatering kick with minimal effort. Fix them for your next party and watch them disappear.Jalayne Luckett, Marion, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for
- 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked
- wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with
- cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over
- medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each
- side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 skewer equals 57 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.