Zippy Shrimp Linguine Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry the shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes in oil and butter for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp; keep warm. Add the zucchini, summer squash, carrots and broccoli to same skillet; stir-fry for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. Return shrimp to skillet. Drain the pasta; add to skillet along with the parsley, basil and salt. Heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 312 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Zippy Shrimp Linguine
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.