"I won a community recipe contest several years ago with this spicy dish," relates Jackie Selover of Sidney, Ohio. "I make it often for my family, but it's pretty enough to serve guests." Red pepper flakes put a little zing in the shrimp, and the lightly sauteed veggies are crisp-tender and colorful.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry the shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes in oil and butter for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp; keep warm. Add the zucchini, summer squash, carrots and broccoli to same skillet; stir-fry for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Return shrimp to skillet. Drain the pasta; add to skillet along with the parsley, basil and salt. Heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Shrimp Linguine in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zippy Shrimp Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review