Zippy Shrimp Linguine Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry the shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes in oil and butter for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp; keep warm. Add the zucchini, summer squash, carrots and broccoli to same skillet; stir-fry for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Return shrimp to skillet. Drain the pasta; add to skillet along with the parsley, basil and salt. Heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zippy Shrimp Linguine
Sort By :
I added 1 cup of evaporated milk and 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese to thicken it, to the shrimp and veggies. After adding the pasta I added the parsley, basil, and 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme. I served it with shredded parmesan cheese.
everyone loves it. If making it for the kids I go light on the red pepper.
Terrific dish. A big hit with my husband and made enough for leftovers--even better!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >