Delicate shrimp picks up fabulous flavor when it's sauteed in chicken broth mixed with garlic and ripe olives in this entree from our Test Kitchen.
- 1-1/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 10 medium pitted ripe olives, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until mixture is reduced by half. Add shrimp. Simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Shrimp in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zippy Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review