Zippy Sausage Chili Recipe
Our family loves Mexican food, but I wasn't happy with any chili recipes I came across. So I decided to make up my own. It's a winner with everyone who tries it.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan or soup kettle, cook the sausage, carrot, green pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 289 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 783 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC