- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown roast on all sides in 3 teaspoons oil. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- In a food processor, combine the rosemary, sage, thyme, garlic, salt, pepper and remaining oil; cover and process until smooth. Rub over roast. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the raspberries, sugar, vinegar, chipotle peppers and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 2 cups. Press through a sieve; discard seeds.
- Brush 2 tablespoons of sauce over pork. Bake 5-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Raspberry Roast Pork in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zippy Raspberry Roast Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2009
We had this for our family Valentines Dinner it was great. I used the chipotle peppers in adobe sauce it added a fabulous kick!
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >