Zippy Praline Bacon Recipe
We live on a lake and have many overnight guests, so I serve brunch often. I'm always looking for recipes to enhance the usual eggs and bacon. My husband came home from a men's brunch raving about this one, and the hostess shared the recipe. Just be sure to make more than you think you might need...everybody wants seconds. -Myrt Pflannkuche, Pell City, Alabama
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with foil. Arrange bacon in a single layer in pans. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes; drain.
- Combine the brown sugar and chili powder; sprinkle over bacon. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bacon is crisp. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Praline Bacon in Reminisce May/June 2003, p48
Reviews for Zippy Praline Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 7, 2014
"Perhaps this is a combination that I have to get used to. This was too sweet for me on my bacon."
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2010
"Very good- similar flavor to a bacon wrapped chicken appetizer I love. Easy to make and delicious."