Zippy Pork Chops
In Dayton, Ohio, Donna Glascoe needs just four ingredients to prepare this simple seasoning mix for pork. The spicy herb rub sparks the taste of these tender boneless chops that cook in no time.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Grill: 10 min.
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- Combine the chili powder, oregano, garlic and cumin; gently rub over
- both sides of pork chops. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.