- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- Combine the chili powder, oregano, garlic and cumin; gently rub over both sides of pork chops. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zippy Pork Chops
"We had these pork chops tonight and thought they were delicious. We liked the blend of flavors. Because it was cold outside, I cooked them in my cast iron skillet. They would be delicious on the grill, too. I will grill them when it is warmer. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor"
"I was not a big fan of these pork chops. I thought the combination of spices had a lot of heat behind them, but overall, the flavor was lacking for me. However, I do appreciate how fast and easy this recipe was to put together!!!! Prepared the chops earlier in the day, went to a baseball game, came home, threw them on the grill, very simple dinner!!!"
"This was such a nice recipe. It was wonderful. Just nice flavors, I will make this again. I am tired of breaded fried pork chops. Thank-You Very Much!"
"Just tried these last night, and they are great! What taste! They will be on my grilling list a lot this summer! very moist and quick to fix."