In Dayton, Ohio, Donna Glascoe needs just four ingredients to prepare this simple seasoning mix for pork. The spicy herb rub sparks the taste of these tender boneless chops that cook in no time.
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- Combine the chili powder, oregano, garlic and cumin; gently rub over both sides of pork chops. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Pork Chops in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p10
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zippy Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review