Zippy Pork Chili Recipe
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Chili powder, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Sour cream, tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook pork and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add the beans, tomatoes, water, bouillon and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with sour cream, tortilla chips and cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 303 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Zippy Pork Chili
"Loved this chili took it to a potluck and everyone liked it. I used 1/4 c. chili powder, 1 t. pepper and 1/2 t. cayenne."
"Even our pickiest eater(we had to tell her it was pork chop soup)had seconds!"