- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Chili powder, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Sour cream, tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook pork and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, water, bouillon and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with sour cream, tortilla chips and cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Zippy Pork Chili in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p25
Reviews for Zippy Pork Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2010
"Loved this chili took it to a potluck and everyone liked it. I used 1/4 c. chili powder, 1 t. pepper and 1/2 t. cayenne."
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2010
"Even our pickiest eater(we had to tell her it was pork chop soup)had seconds!"