Zippy Pork Chili Verde Recipe
Leftover pork adds heartiness to this zippy chili from Jo Oliverius of Alpine, California. "It's great on a cool night with a stack of tortillas," she comments. I've taken it to many gatherings and it's always gone when the party's over."
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups green salsa
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 306 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 862 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Zippy Pork Chili Verde
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC