Zippy Peanut Steak Kabobs Recipe
If you like your kabobs with a kick, you’re sure to savor these meaty skewers seasoned with habanero pepper sauce. The zippy steak chunks are balanced with refreshing pineapple and red pepper. Sometimes I substitute chicken for the beef. —Sheri Nutter, Oneida, Kentucky
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons habanero pepper sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked jasmine rice
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and water. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat. Whisk in peanut butter until blended. Stir in the soy sauce, barbecue sauce, oil, pepper sauce and garlic.
- 2. Pour 3 cups of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade until serving.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle ginger over pineapple. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, pineapple and red peppers.
- 4. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Serve with rice and reserved marinade for dipping. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC