Zippy Peanut Steak Kabobs Recipe
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons habanero pepper sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked jasmine rice
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and water. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat. Whisk in peanut butter until blended. Stir in the soy sauce, barbecue sauce, oil, pepper sauce and garlic.
- 2. Pour 3 cups of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade until serving.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle ginger over pineapple. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, pineapple and red peppers.
- 4. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Serve with rice and reserved marinade for dipping. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Zippy Peanut Steak Kabobs
"This was delicious, I used 1 T of the habanero sauce and it was perfect. I will definitely make this again."
"I've made this recipe twice, and will definitely cook it again. I confess I leave out the hot sauce, though."
"I have to say that this totally rocks. It's become a regular part of my rotating menu. I decrease the habanero sauce because it's a little to spicy for my family or substitute some red pepper flakes. I also use the ends of a beef tenderloin for the meat. The sauce is amazing!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.