“This has a completely unique flavor that has a hint of the classic Hungarian paprika chicken dish but with a modern twist,” says Jennifer Shaw of Dorchester, Massachusetts.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Southwest marinade mix
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the paprika, marinade mix, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the water, soy sauce and lemon juice to skillet; cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream until blended. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Paprika Chicken in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zippy Paprika Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review