Zippy Orange Chicken
Try one bite of Marie Hayer's coated chickenyou'll taste the zesty orange flavor first, then the cayenne zip. The coating is simple to make, says the Hodgenville, Kentucky cook, and it keeps the chicken moist and flavorful.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper or to taste
- Prick chicken with a fork; brush with orange juice concentrate.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag;
- add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place chicken
- in a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish that has been coated with cooking
- spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until
- juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 193 calories, 620 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 11 gm carbohydrate, 28 gm protein, 3 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.