Zippy Orange Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1. Prick chicken with a fork; brush with orange juice concentrate. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place chicken in a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 193 calories, 620 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 11 gm carbohydrate, 28 gm protein, 3 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.