Try one bite of Marie Hayer's coated chicken—you'll taste the zesty orange flavor first, then the cayenne zip. The coating is simple to make, says the Hodgenville, Kentucky cook, and it keeps the chicken moist and flavorful.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper or to taste
- Prick chicken with a fork; brush with orange juice concentrate. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place chicken in a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Orange Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p23
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zippy Orange Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review