- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper or to taste
- Prick chicken with a fork; brush with orange juice concentrate. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place chicken in a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zippy Orange Chicken
"Crisp, juicy, and really good. I didn't notice any orange flavor, despite liberally applying the chicken with orange juice concentrate, but the breading was really good!"
"I prepared this recipe this past week! I did adjust the recipe to my tastes and i baked the chicken at 350o F. for 1-3/4 hours, using Perdue chicken thighs. I used a lower oven tempt. so the chicken wouldn't dry out. I also used a 13x9x2" baking pan with a rack on TOP & the chicken thighs were placed on the rack to allow the fat to drip through. I also added about 3 cups of water in bottom of the pan to make broth. I used FRESH orange juice-about 1/2 to 1 cup to dip the chicken in & I left the skin ON! I used 1 cup Progresso italian bread crumbs,, 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. garlic salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper to taste and 1 tsp. Italian seasoning. I left the cayenne pepper out since this was just for my Mom & me! The chicken tasted delicious and the orange juice & crumbs did keep the poultry very moist! My mother had some of the chickenlast night for supper and she did take off the breaded skin, but it certainly sealed in the moistness! I got about 8 to 10 servings of this dish. I definitely will prepare it again-actually, I had also prepared it QUITE some time back! Thank you, Marie Hoyer, for this delicious recipe!delowenstein"
"my husband was recently diagnosed with diabetes and he is not really a 'chicken' person unless it is kfc. i have been trying new recipes and when i served this dish, it was a hit. he really, really liked it. i served it with crispy potato skins, some sliced tomatoes and a slice of watermelon and what a fabulous meal."