Zippy Ground Beef Skillet Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked small tube pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, jalapenos, honey, chili powder and salt. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Drain pasta; add to beef mixture. Add sour cream; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 307 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Zippy Ground Beef Skillet
"Great recipe! My family has been making a version of this for 20 years. We often us ground pork in it as well. We usually do not add the salt. Kids and adults love it. As a volunteer food editor with Taste of Home, I love using recipes that can be quickly prepared with food on hand."
"Simple, hearty and delicious. Also great over mashed potatoes instead of the pasta."
"sounds good!!! have to try"