Zippy Ground Beef Skillet
This zesty combination of ingredients creates a fun fiesta of flavor. No one leaves the table hungry when Vicki Herron serves this hearty favorite hot from her stovetop in Portland, Maine.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked small tube pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes,
- jalapenos, honey, chili powder and salt. Reduce heat to low; cook,
- uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; add to beef mixture. Add sour cream; cook and stir until
- heated through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 307 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,