This zesty combination of ingredients creates a fun fiesta of flavor. No one leaves the table hungry when Vicki Herron serves this hearty favorite hot from her stovetop in Portland, Maine.
- 8 ounces uncooked small tube pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, jalapenos, honey, chili powder and salt. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; add to beef mixture. Add sour cream; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Ground Beef Skillet in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p56
Reviews for Zippy Ground Beef Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review