Zippy French Bread Recipe
"Prepare a loaf of this tasty bread while your steaks are on the grill," urges Sue Mackey of Galesburg, Illinois. "It's quick, easy to make and oh-so-good with its creamy filling," she assures. "Add a salad to complete the menu."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 to 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, chives and horseradish until combined. Cut the bread into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Spread cream cheese mixture between slices.
- 2. Wrap the loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Bake at 400° for 14-17 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 195 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC