Zippy Egg Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- Bread or crackers
- Sliced tomato, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Stir in eggs and onion. Serve on bread or crackers; top with tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Zippy Egg Salad(12)
Sort By :
I use Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise and pickle juice instead of lemon juice. I also add finely diced celery. Use dill pickle juice if you like or bread and butter pickle juice if you like a sweeter taste. For extra zip you could use pickle juice that is sweet but spicy. Experiment.
The best egg salad I have ever made.
This is so easy to make and SO delicious!
I doubled the recipe. I didn't have lemon juice and it was still excellent! This will be my only go to recipe for egg salad.
Loved this! Great way to use up farm eggs! Had to eat two...great "zip" to it.
More Recipe Collections
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Salad >
- Egg Salad Recipes >
- Egg Salad Sandwiches >
- Egg Sandwiches >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >