Zippy Egg Salad
EGG SALAD is a refreshing, tasty change from lunch meat or peanut butter sandwiches. The extra preparation time is worth the effort.
Everyone raves about this version with its added zip. It's the touch of mustard and lemon juice that does it.
-Annemarie Pietila, Farmington Hills, Michigan
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- Bread or crackers
- Sliced tomato, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and
- lemon juice. Stir in eggs and onion. Serve on bread or crackers; top
- with tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 270 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 326 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.