Zippy Dry Rub
Bottles of this spicy blend are fun to share with family and friends. It's a mixture with broad appeal since the rub can be used on all meats or added to rice while it's cooking for a boost of flavor.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight
- container. Rub desired amount onto the surface of uncooked meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before grilling. Yield:
- about 2-1/2 tablespoons.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 teaspoon) equals 2 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.