Zippy Cranberry Applesauce
“This is simple to make and so refreshing. The zippy flavor makes it a nice change of pace from regular applesauce.” Peggy A Spitler - Bucyrus, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 5 medium Gala apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, cranberries, water and
- sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20
- minutes or until apples are tender and the berries pop, stirring
- occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in orange peel. Mash until
- sauce is desired consistency. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 75 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.