Tart cranberry flavor blends nicely with mustard and horseradish in this out-of-the-ordinary cracker spread. It's quick to fix, too. —Marie Hattrup, Sparks, Nevada
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 to 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan, bring sugars and water to a boil over medium heat. Stir in cranberries; return to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Stir in horseradish and mustard. Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, spread cream cheese over crackers; top with cranberry mixture. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Zippy Cranberry Appetizer in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p13
Reviews for Zippy Cranberry Appetizer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review