This fish dish bakes in minutes. The flavors blend well, and the chutney adds a zest to the dipping sauce. —Patricia Schmeling
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 8 red snapper, bass or turbot fillets (6 ounces each)
- CHUTNEY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another shallow bowl, combine coconut and bread crumbs. Dip fillets in butter mixture, then coat with coconut mixture. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with fish. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Coconut Baked Fish in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p163
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Zippy Coconut Baked Fish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review