"This is a nice sandwich for hot summer days or picnics," says Jackie Smulski of Lyons, Illinois. "If you're in a hurry, you can use pre-cooked chicken tenders."
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- Sliced avocado, sliced ripe olives and salsa
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken in butter until no longer pink. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin and cayenne; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and sour cream until blended. Stir in the chicken, tomatoes and onions.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with avocado and olives. Fold sides over filling and secure with a toothpick if desired. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Chicken Wraps in Country Woman May/June 2006, p45
Reviews for Zippy Chicken Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2011
"This was very fast, easy, and a great way to use up leftover chicken breast. We did not have any avocado or olives, but it was still a very tasty dinner. Not too spicy, but with great flavor."