Rose Mary Corbett gives canned soup a zesty touch with spicy tomatoes, canned corn and shredded cheese. "I like to serve this creamy soup with a loaf of crusty bread or tortilla chips," she writes from her home in Johnson City, Tennessee.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed chicken noodle soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large saucepan combine all ingredients. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Chicken Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p11
Reviews for Zippy Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2014
"Way too much sodium for one 8 oz. serving!"
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2010
"All i tasted was the tomatoes & green chilis. Will not make again."
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2009
"It's hard to believe something this simple could taste so good. Add chicken to make it a hearty meal."