Rose Mary Corbett gives canned soup a zesty touch with spicy tomatoes, canned corn and shredded cheese. "I like to serve this creamy soup with a loaf of crusty bread or tortilla chips," she writes from her home in Johnson City, Tennessee.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed chicken noodle soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large saucepan combine all ingredients. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Chicken Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2002 , p11
Reviews for Zippy Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2014
"Way too much sodium for one 8 oz. serving!"
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2010
"All i tasted was the tomatoes & green chilis. Will not make again."
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2009
"It's hard to believe something this simple could taste so good. Add chicken to make it a hearty meal."