Zippy Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sour cream, mushrooms, pimientos and seasonings. Drain pasta.
- 2. In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the noodles, chicken and sauce. Repeat layers. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 315 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein
Reviews for Zippy Chicken Noodle Casserole
"I thought this was very good, but nothing extraordinary. I put in the larger amount of pepper and cayenne pepper..first bite I thought a little too spicy, but not too bad after a couple of bites. My 17 month old ate it up!"