Zippy Chicken Enchiladas
Julie Moutray of Wichita, Kansas uses leftover chicken to create a rich and creamy meal-in-one. "This colorful dish has zippy flavor. It's a nice change of pace from beef enchiladas," she says.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 to 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of beans on each tortilla. Combine soup
- and sour cream; stir in chicken. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup down the
- center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Pour enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with the onions,
- olives and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Just before serving, sprinkle lettuce around enchiladas if desired.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 487 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,001 mg sodium,