Zippy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 to 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- 1. Spread about 2 tablespoons of beans on each tortilla. Combine soup and sour cream; stir in chicken. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- 2. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with the onions, olives and remaining cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, sprinkle lettuce around enchiladas if desired.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 487 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,001 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.