Zippy Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 medium leeks, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until lightly browned and until no longer pink; Remove from pan, set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, saute red pepper in remaining butter until tender. Add the leeks; cook for 1 minute. Stir in the flour and paprika until blended. Gradually stir in the broth. Add the potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes until thickened and potatoes are tender.
- 3. Stir in the corn, Worcestershire sauce, salt, hot pepper sauce and reserved chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until corn is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in cream and heat through (do not boil). Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 294 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Zippy Chicken Corn Chowder
"My daughters asked me to make a chicken corn chowder and this was great! And easy to make!"