- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 package (3 ounces) hot and spicy ramen noodles
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons water
- 2-1/4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over both sides of chicken. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred with two forks; cool completely.
- Set aside seasoning packet from ramen noodles. Break noodles into small pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, broccoli coleslaw, onions, sesame seeds, almonds and chicken.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients. Add the contents of seasoning packet; shake well. Pour over coleslaw; toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Zippy Chicken Coleslaw
"Followed the recipe to the letter...delicious...next time I might try chow mein noodles instead of ramen noodles."
"My family often requests this. I've made it more times than I can count!"
"I have made this many times and also have left out the chicken. Everyone likes it, even my kids."
"I have made this recipe many times and taken it to our weekly dinners at church. There is never any leftover. I sometimes make it without the chicken."