- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 package (3 ounces) hot and spicy ramen noodles
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons water
- 2-1/4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over both sides of chicken. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred with two forks; cool completely.
- Set aside seasoning packet from ramen noodles. Break noodles into small pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, broccoli coleslaw, onions, sesame seeds, almonds and chicken.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients. Add the contents of seasoning packet; shake well. Pour over coleslaw; toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Zippy Chicken Coleslaw
Sort By :
Followed the recipe to the letter...delicious...next time I might try chow mein noodles instead of ramen noodles.
My family often requests this. I've made it more times than I can count!
I have made this many times and also have left out the chicken. Everyone likes it, even my kids.
I have made this recipe many times and taken it to our weekly dinners at church. There is never any leftover. I sometimes make it without the chicken.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Coleslaw Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >