Loaded with hearty beans and chicken, this zippy chili really warms us up on chilly winter nights.
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, yellow and sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Reduce heat; add beans, peppers, onion and seasonings. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken; simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Chili in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p8
Reviews for Zippy Chicken Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review