Zippy Cherry Sauce
This fruity sauce is just right for special occasions and festive meals on holidays like Easter or Christmas. They're pretty and fun way to 'dress up' both pork and ham.Kathy Gilmore, Marshalltown, Iowa
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil,
- stirring constantly. Serve warm with pork roast, pork chops or pork
- tenderloin. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 42 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.