Zippy Cheese Log Recipe
Due to popular demand, my pretty cheese log has become a tasty tradition at our women's Christmas brunch. As soon as the ladies try a bite, I start getting requests for the recipe.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup small curd 4% cottage cheese
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) Parmesan Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, cottage cheese and salad dressing mix until blended.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish with waxed paper. Spread cheese mixture evenly in dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove waxed paper with cheese from dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons parsley in a 13-in. x 1-in. strip 1/2 in. from one long edge. Sprinkle ham over remaining cheese mixture.
- Starting with parsley edge, carefully roll up jelly-roll style. Combine walnuts and remaining parsley; roll log in parsley mixture. Cut log in half; wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cheese logs (about 1-3/4 cups each).
Originally published as Zippy Cheese Log in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p23
Reviews for Zippy Cheese Log(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Ball Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >