Zippy Cheese Dip
I first tasted this dip in a cooking class at a local supermarket. It isn't necessary to add the eggs, but they give the dip a thicker consistency.
-Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add tomatoes,
- cheese, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Remove from
- heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs. Return all to
- the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture reaches
- 160°. Serve warm with crackers. Store leftovers in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 66 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.