Zippy Cheese Bites
You'll need just four ingredients to assemble this extra-rich blend. Picante sauce adds a little kick to the cheesy squares that are wonderful served warm on crackers.
38 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- Assorted crackers
- In a bow, beat eggs; add cheese. Pour half into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Spoon the picante sauce over top. Top with
- remaining egg mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30
- minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 15 minutes. Cut into 1-in. squares. Serve warm on
- crackers. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: about 9-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 76 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein.