Zippy Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken intoflorets (about 7-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1. Place cauliflower and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cheese and salsa until cheese is melted. Drain cauliflower well; drizzle with cheese sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Zippy Cauliflower
"This sauce tasted delicious but was way too thick. I used about 1 1/4 cups of milk and it was still thick. I wonder if there is an error in the amounts."