"I made up this recipe one night when I decided to have cauliflower with our supper," recalls Shawntel Wiederholt of Layton, Utah. "I used my mother-in-law's basic cheese sauce, add the spices,t hen stirred in some salsa left over from tacos the night before. It ended up being delightful."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken intoflorets (about 7-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Place cauliflower and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and
- microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and
- seasonings until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cheese and salsa
- until cheese is melted. Drain cauliflower well; drizzle with cheese
- sauce. Yield: 8 servings.