THIS RECIPE originally didn't call for green pepper, but when I was making it one time, I noticed some in the refrigerator and decided to add it.
It gave a little extra zip, so I've kept it a part of the recipe. This makes ordinary carrots special and adds nice color to a meal.
-Mina Dyck, Boissevain, Manitoba
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- Pinch chili powder
- In a small saucepan, brown butter over medium heat. Add carrots and
- garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add water; cover and cook for 6
- minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Add green pepper; cook 2
- minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in ketchup and chili
- powder. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with margarine) equals 100 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.