My husband loves pizza and this is a fast alternative to the real thing. They're a great football game party snack, too, and always a hit.” Get the kids involved and let them pick out their own ingredients, such as, cooked ground beef, ham or black olives. Mary Addy - West Point, Nebraska
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 32 slices pepperoni
- 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup julienned green, sweet red and/or yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pizza crust; roll into a 12-in.
- square. Cut into four 6-in. squares. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons
- mozzarella cheese over half of each square to within 1/2 in. of
- edges. Top with eight slices pepperoni and 3 tablespoons cottage
- Combine pepper and onion; place 1/4 cup mixture on each square; top
- with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling; press
- edges with a fork to seal.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 13-18 minutes or
- until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 calzone equals 443 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,252 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.