My husband loves pizza and this is a fast alternative to the real thing. They're a great football game party snack, too, and always a hit.” Get the kids involved and let them pick out their own ingredients, such as, cooked ground beef, ham or black olives. Mary Addy - West Point, Nebraska
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 32 slices pepperoni
- 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup julienned green, sweet red and/or yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pizza crust; roll into a 12-in. square. Cut into four 6-in. squares. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese over half of each square to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with eight slices pepperoni and 3 tablespoons cottage cheese.
- Combine pepper and onion; place 1/4 cup mixture on each square; top with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 13-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Calzones in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p27
Reviews for Zippy Calzones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review