Zippy Burgers Recipe
- 1/4 cup beer or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill hamburgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 each) equals 314 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 557 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Zippy Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.