Zippy Burgers Recipe
- 1/4 cup beer or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill hamburgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 each) equals 314 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 557 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Zippy Burgers
"These are very tasty and moist. You do not need any condiments with this burger. I used the beef broth. When you're making these, it seems that they are too moist to shape but they hold together very well."
"My husband has been looking for good burger recipes...this one is a keeper! We used the beef broth, too!"
"I used beef broth & they were very good..will try beer next time!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.