"I changed the original recipe for this side dish to use hop pepper sauce instead of red pepper flakes," notes Bryan Forster of Clayton, Ontario. "The zesty seasonings really punch up the flavor."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 7 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place broccoli and water in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and cook on
- high for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, combine
- remaining ingredients. Drain broccoli. Drizzle with lemon juice
- mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 49 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.