- 1/3 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place salad dressing in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Dip pork chops in dressing, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place on a rack in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zippy Breaded Pork Chops
"It was ok."
"I used OPA ranch dressing and breadcrumbs from my homemade einkorn bread. I added about 1/4 to 1/3 cup dry roasted macadamia nut pieces to the crumbs. I was careful to not let the dressing coat the chops too thickly, given the other reviews. Left out the Parmesan. I had boneless pork loin chops so that's what I used. They were delicious!"
"I wish I had read all the reviews first! Using a basting brush to apply the dressing is probably a good idea. I followed the directions exactly, right down to the wire rack with the recommended size pan, 425 degrees but the breading was soggy. It took extra time under the broiler to crisp them up properly. I might consider this recipe again in about 20 years after my husband forgets about it."
"Make crumbs using boxed stuffing for a "stuffed pork chop" flavor without the stuffing."
"Easy, tasty and I'll definitely make again!"
"Some reviews said these were bland. I added salt and a pretty good bit of pepper and they tasted fine to me. It was a good change from fried. I served with green beans and my roasted ranch potato salad."
"This was just a quick, easy recipe to make for pork chops. I was fiending for pork chops so I made this. It was not spectacular, but it did what it was supposed to do: It fed my family. I'll probably use the recipe again."
"Delicious and easy. Great using boneless chicken too. I used a light ranch dressing."
"My family really enjoyed this recipe. I made it exactly as printed. Fast and easy for a weeknight meal."