Zippy Beef Supper Recipe
In Crooksville, Ohio, Ruth Foster relies on two cans of soup and zippy canned tomatoes with chilies to make this spicy and satisfying casserole. Shredded cheddar cheese and crunchy tortilla chips create a tasty topping.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add potatoes; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in the soups, tomatoes, cumin and garlic powder.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with tortilla chips and cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 589 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,251 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 37 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC