In Crooksville, Ohio, Ruth Foster relies on two cans of soup and zippy canned tomatoes with chilies to make this spicy and satisfying casserole. Shredded cheddar cheese and crunchy tortilla chips create a tasty topping.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add potatoes; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in the soups, tomatoes, cumin and garlic powder.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with tortilla chips and cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Beef Supper in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p43
Reviews for Zippy Beef Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review