Zippy Beef Fiesta Recipe
A cousin first introduced me to this rich casserole. The flavor is a cross between a taco and burrito. I like to serve it with a tossed salad and French bread.—Joyce Ericksen, Turlock, California
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Add the water, tomato sauce and vinegar; cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Cut each tortilla into six wedges.
- 2. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the tortillas, meat mixture, cheese and olives; repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 349 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 970 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC