Zippy Beef Fajitas Recipe
This is a flavorful and fast way to prepare steak filling for fajitas. The yummy flavor comes aromatic ingredients like garlic and gingerroot. There's even a can of cola in the recipe.—Laurie Sadowski, Catharines, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours YIELD:6 servings
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. Cut steak in half lengthwise. In a small bowl, combine the ground ginger, pepper flakes, garlic powder and pepper; rub over steak. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add red and green peppers. Combine the cola, green onions, soy sauce, gingerroot, tomato paste and garlic; pour over top.
- 2. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Shred meat with two forks; return to the slow cooker and heat through. Spoon beef mixture onto tortillas using a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC